Friday 19 May 2023

The final results of the poetry writing competition "Dor de Eminescu"/"Missing Our National Poet" 2023

The Winners of the Poetry Writing Competition (May 2023)



The Rain I Used to Love - 1st prize winner

Breazu Evelina Rebeca, 10th grade
Liceul Teoretic “Radu Vlădescu” Pătârlagele
                                                                      Coordinating teacher: Claudia Emilia Frînculeasă
I used to love the rain,
But ever since you left 
So many storms of pain 
Have raged inside my chest.

Countless raindrops of longing 
Have crossed my rosy cheeks,
And still no sight of lightning...
It’s been pitch black for weeks.

Yet, in the void of darkness
I am trying to find a light
And there it is, as always, 
The moon, her dreamy sight!

She looks at me with pity,
As though she heard my cry;
Even though both you and I
Live under the same sky.

Your stars are twinkling brightly,
While mine have lost their glow
You’re bathing in the sunlight,
I live in the moon shadow.

Cold and mysterious as she may seem,
She has got warmth inside 
For every night she lets me dream
A dream of YOU and I.
 
I nightly close my eyes and watch 
As you embrace me by the lake
While raindrops waltz before our hearts,
With songs of love the thunders ache.

So, I am living by the moon now
And here I shall remain,
’Cause only she reminds me of how 
I used to love the rain…


The Memory of Blue - 1st prize winner


Cotigă Maria, 12th grade
Colegiul Național „Mihai Eminescu” Buzău
Coordinating teacher: Monica Haralambie

It's all sick and stained blue glass;
sick, as in ever dirty,
and blue as in the colour of the sky sort of blue.
Or colour of my eyes blue.
Or your blouse caught between the middle and the end of summer break 
and enjoying the soft breeze sort of blue.
The sort of blue 
that you never liked on stamps 
because it reminded you of home,
and letters are supposed to fly out the window
with your thoughts and heart and words.
You didn't like the idea
of welcoming a whole kingdom home.
A timeless sort of blue
that never dies because
it only replicates what's living
like a porcelain mold,
like a lost shoe,
like any other crossroad.
And that
was only one blink of an eye sort of blue.
I only hope
I could get the dirt out of the corners of my eyes
so I could get to that very memory of blue;
so that I don't have to keep clinging to life to remember it.
Here!
As in my calloused bruises sort of blue...


The Wings of Love and Nature -   2nd prize winner

Frățiloiu Teodora-Ștefania, 11th grade
Liceul Teoretic "Radu Vlădescu" Pătârlagele
Coordinating teacher: Mihaela Neacșu
 
The wings of nature soft and mild, 
Dancing their flight in the blue sunny sky,
Birds are singing a jolly song
Gentle butterflies fluttering only one day long

The trees are whispering their ancient stories
Rustling leaves sharing their thoughts
Branches of a giant linden pierce the sky 
A beautiful spot which the eye enjoys. 

On the blue sunny, bright sky 
Only a few specks of sad gray 
Like some sour trees' tears of my lover's cry
With the wind dancing open her beloved smile

I just wish this heaven would never end, 
Because we live and love in this sincere land 
Like the famous Eminescu’s poem’s belief 
We just need a little corner of the world to live in.


The Tale of a Simple Writer -  3rd prize winner

Tache Iulian Gabriel, 10th grade
Liceul Teoretic "Nicolae Iorga" Nehoiu
Coordinating teacher: Maria Pană
In a country full of beauty,
With a date shrouded by fame,
Born in winter, 1850,
Eminescu was his name.

And his work went far and wide,
Reaching the stars and beyond,
To his words his fate was tied,
Creating a special bond.

Learning from the biggest writers
A legacy he was creating,
But even the brightest lighters
Will eventually start fading.[...] 

As all things come to an end
His life hit the final line.
He died in a clinic bed,
At the age of 39.

Even so, his will lives on
In the work he greatly cherished.
Not alive, neither forgone,
He is dead, but never parished.

No comments:

Post a Comment