Monday 15 June 2020

Disseminating the Results of "Dor de Eminescu"/"Missing Our National Poet", a county educational project coordinated by Liceul Teoretic "Radu Vlădescu" (2019-2020)








The Winners of the Poetry Writing Competition (May 2020)

One Last Letter to You - 1st prize winner
(Huduncă Iuliana Ruxandra, Liceul Teoretic „Radu Vlădescu”)

Hello, my darling, have you moved on?
Give me a sign, tell me I am wrong,
Show me your love and just let your soul
Choose the right path, then take it slow.

The night is falling, but what is with you?
Maybe you’re hiding away from the truth;
You know I am still here waiting for you-
And in your absence my heart is blue.

Soon, a new morning shall come again
Bringing up all the words I could have said.
I never want to see you cry, I swear,
One embrace and we both shall be well.

Don’t you hope one day we’ll be alright?
Strolling outside, late, near midnight?
Holding our hands, your soul next to mine,
Walking together, with no more good-byes?

You and Me- 2nd prize winner
(Murea George Iulian, Liceul Teoretic „Radu Vlădescu”)

There’s only one place for you and me,
An undying bond to guide us free;
With loneliness blocking the way
And our love lightening the day.

Your gentle touch and smiling face,
Leaves me no worry, no dark place;
There’s so much passion in the air
For us to wonder, wait and care.

Our love withstands the test of time,
Diminishing mistrust in our mind;
There’s no place I’d rather like to be
Than in your heart and in your dreams.


Winter-2nd prize winner
(Stan Rareș Andrei, Liceul Teoretic „Radu Vlădescu”)

The smell of fir-trees surrounds me,
A soft, healing silence covers it all,
The snow looks like a deep, white sea,
Surrendering us both in its slow fall.

Like a lead crystal looks the old lake,
Like such a beautifully frozen ring!
To have missed her, that’s my mistake;
And she’s missed more than anything.

Here, I shall be standing alone again,
Even if I’d never want such thing to do.
With so much lovesickness felt in vain
My dearest winter, where are you?

Place of Your Mind-3rd prize winner
(Caraliu Anamaria Viorica, Liceul Teoretic „Radu Vlădescu”)

When my soul collides with your vulnerability,
And the moon cries its solitude over our puerility,
Keep my old memory in a place of your mind
And you’ll see the stars and the moon intertwined.

For a love that’s beyond their comprehension,
The sparkle in your eyes is my best compensation,
Your beauty will always be my beacon of hope,
My ultimate ideal and my most sacred oath.

And long before nature falls asleep for an eternity
We shall find our path to each other so instantly;
No more sips from the cup of sheer misery
Our souls shall be granted their due immortality.

She… in the Dark- 1st prize winner
(Corbu Ramona-Ioana, Liceul Teoretic “Nicolae Iorga”)

She lost herself between the trees,
Among the ever –changing leaves;
She wept beneath the wild sky
As stars told stories
Of ancient times.

The flowers grew towards her light,
The river called her name at night;
She could not live an ordinary life
With mysteries of the universe
Hidden in her eyes.

The moonlight calls her,
But she does not come.
She wants to wait
To feel at home;
As she is the queen of night
Who is waiting for a light.

Spring Moments- 2nd prize winner
(Marin Denisa- Petronela, Liceul Teoretic “Nicolae Iorga”)

The bright spring moon shines in the night
Meadows full of „greeneries”.
Thoughtful sky sips cold rain of spring;
Thousand stars flicker in merrily
As the gates of the day open
When a light spear is piercing the dawn,
Surrounded by the shadows of twilight.

Love- 2nd prize winner
(Boteanu Andreea Alexandra, Liceul Teoretic “Nicolae Iorga”)

What is love?
For some of you,
Love is just a word,
Or a simple feeling,
But for me, love is everything.

It is the reason of my existence,
The reason that I was created for
And I must continue;
To love and to be loved for more.

You …and Me- 3rd prize winner
(Radu Andra-Ioana, Liceul Teoretic “Nicolae Iorga”)

I give you all my future
I give you my life, all;
But, please don’t play games with it
Don’t make my heart a ball.  


The Winners of the Recitation Contest (June 2020)

Breazu Evelina Rebeca - 1st prize winner

TO THE STAR 
by Mihai Eminescu

So far it is athwart the blue
To where yon star appears,
That for its light to reach our view
Has needed thousand years.

Maybe that ages gone it shed
Its glow, then languished in the skies,
Yet only now its rays have sped
Their journey to our eyes.

The icon of the star that died
Slowly the vault ascended;
Time was ere it could first be spied,
We see now what is ended.

So is it when our love's aspire 
Is hid beneath night's bowl,
The gleam of its extinguished fire
Enkindles yet our soul.

English version by Corneliu M. Popescu


Diaconu Cezara Ana Maria - 1st prize winner 

Radu Andra Ioana - 2nd prize winner 

AND IF... 
by Mihai Eminescu

And if the branches tap my pane
And the poplars whisper nightly,
It is to make me dream again
I hold you to me tightly.

And if the stars shine on the pond
And light its sombre shoal, 
It is to quench my mind's despond
And flood with peace my soul.

And if the clouds their tresses part
And does the moon outblaze,
It is but to remind my heart
I long for you always.
  
English version by Corneliu M. Popescu


Mănică Cristina Ștefania - 1st prize winner

Zota Bianca Mihaela - 1st prize winner

ALTHOUGH THE WORLD
by Mihai Eminescu

Although the world would call me free
Each year the more her slave am I,
For in her very way to be
There's I don't know what, I don't know why.

Already from the day we met
Was my freedom mortal shot?
She's but a girl as they, and yet
There's something more, I don't know what.

No matter what we speak, or do,
The moments in sweet silence fly,
For somehow there is music too
When she is mute, I don't know why.

So likely to my dying day
To follow her will be my lot,
For in her sweet and candid way
There's I don't know why, I don't know what.

English version by Corneliu M. Popescu

Boteanu Andreea Alexandra - 3rd prize winner

THE BRAZEN BELLS OF MIDNIGHT...
by Mihai Eminescu

The brazen bells of midnight upon the darkness toll,
But sleep, life's custom agent, won't take from me his dole;
Down paths so many follow, death would my spirit lead,
And death, when all considered, resembles life indeed;
While in my heart the balance does level stand between
And neither to the one, nor to the other lean.


English version by Corneliu M. Popescu 























No comments:

Post a Comment